From Idea To Reality

It's been a little while since my last post. I've been so busy, I hadn't realized that my blog remained overlooked. The last couple of weeks have been busy. I am working hard at revising my book, writing a new short story, running my mommy group, and preparing to take over as President for my writing group.

Is it any wonder something got overlooked?

I am a list person. A long list sits on my desk for to-do's for all of these projects. I have so many ideas running through my head. Ideas for scenes to add/amend in my manuscript, ideas for short stories to increase my portfolio, ideas for how to improve my writing group, ideas for the history book I am creating for this year's PTA at my son's school of which I am the chair, and ideas for the local stay at home mommy group of which I am the organizer.

My lists help make sure these things all make the transition from idea to reality. Which is the best part, of course. An idea, not realized, is a sad waste. I don't like being sad or wasteful. *grin*

Do you have ideas bubbling in your head that need to make this same transition? Just knowing a friend who writes helped me to take my story idea and put it on paper. Now look at me. I have an entire manuscript only a few hundred revisions away from being ready to submit to agents and publishers. *girly screech*

I challenge you to look at that friend/co-worker/family member doing what you have always wanted and let them inspire you. Don't let your ideas, your dreams, be a sad waste.

Comments

Followers