- Finish writing Book 1
- Write first third of Book 2's 1st draft
- Submit Book 1 to an agent or editor
- Write 30 emails of gratitude
- Participate in a 5K for a worthy cause-Hot Mamas Run in September
- Read at least 1/2 if not entire Christian Bible
- Volunteer at my church
- Tithe at least $10 each Sunday at church, if not more
- Reach 100 followers or more on my blog
- Reach 5,000 pageviews on my blog
- Sign up for (2) platform building campaigns
- Reach 200 members in my writing group
- Volunteer to Shepherd at OWFI
- Explain Lent to my 5 year old and encourage each member of my family to sacrifice something for it
- Read 30 new books
- Select one "important" author who I missed in school, and read something they wrote
- Make up 30 stories with my son
- Get together with my 2 childhood besties, Jamae and Brandy, and their children for the first time.
- Write and submit a short story
- Attempt to write a poem
- Do something new (update: The hubs and I bought a business...definitely new!)
- Don't let others take advantage of me (update: doing better so far)
- Tell my husband I love him every day
- Skydive (update: scheduled for Sept. 22nd)
- Go on a date at a drive-in movie with my husband
- Lose 10 lbs.
- Take a girls trip somewhere! (update: scheduled for Oct. 12-14 Woot!)
- Go horseback riding with my son and husband
- Go kayaking with my husband (update: water was too low due to lack of rain)
- Thank God for my life every single day
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
30 Goals By My 30th Birthday
The husband of a blogger friend(Morgan Shamy) put together a list of 30 things to do 30 times each for his 30th birthday. I like the idea, but have personalized it for myself. I have created a list of 30 goals I would like to accomplish by my 30th birthday on September 28th, 2012. Keep in mind that these are in no particular order and include goals that I set for myself in January of this year. If I have already accomplished them, they are in BOLD.
None of these things are impossible or too expensive. They are all doable if I apply myself to checking them off. I will try to remember to post a midway progress report in May as well as a final progress report on my birthday.
Do you have a milestone birthday coming up? Have you set yourself a goal for that milestone? I'd love to hear about it.