Campaign Update

I have had a blast during my first campaign with Rachael Harrie. I never imagined how much fun it would be or how it would help me grow so much as a writer. To top it off, I received a post yesterday saying that my 2nd blog challenge entry has been shortlisted to move onto Stage Two. Now while I am not sure what that means, Lori M. Lee said congrats so I assume this is a very good thing. *grin*

Thank all of you who commented and voted. Your praise warms my heart.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a fabulous session with my critique group. Unfortunately, I am still working on the 'show don't tell' concept. It irks me to no end each time I see a sentence where I have failed in this. Granted, it isn't nearly as bad as when I first started writing. I just wish I could get it completely out of my system. On a positive note, they liked what they read and aside from that irritating technical issue, I have a fabulous dark fantasy just aching to be published and read.

Today, along with working on my WIP, I am also nailing down my theme for the A to Z challenge that starts April 1st and the main topic for each letter/post. I hope you will check back to give your opinion. I am going to totally break out of my comfort zone and try something new for me. I am nervous, excited, and a little overwhelmed at the same time.

Thanks again to all my loyal followers.

UPDATE: I just received word that I am in the semi-final round of judging for my 2nd blog challenge entry. Woot Woot! Thanks, Melodie Wright.

UPDATE #2: I made it to the finals!!!!! Thanks, Jodi Su.

Comments

  1. I was told I was shortlisted as well, and also had no idea what that *really* meant =P Still, good news is good news! Go us! (And go you in your other ventures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I am not alone in my ignorance, dear Hildred! Though I have sense done some good ol' investigorating(sorry you'd have to be a mom who's child likes Tigger and Pooh), and have figured out that I've made it to the top 10, I think. *grin* So congrats to you, too!

      Delete
  2. That's exciting that you're trying something new for the A to Z challenge. I STILL haven't figured out what I'm doing, and I'm getting a little nervous as April creeps ever closer.

    Congrats on making the finals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. I have pre-written a few posts in an effort to keep the momentum going. Sometimes that last minute stuff can really kick your inspiration into overdrive. Maybe this will be like that for you.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on making the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very good. I'm happy to see you, Hildred, and I all managed to be lucky enough. It was a tough challenge, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you too, David. How exciting to be associated with such fabulous writers!

      Delete
  5. Wow congrats on getting to the Finals! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh!! Congrats!! :D
    Show don't tell is always difficult! :/ I find that the more conscious I have to be of something, the worse I am at it. That doesn't even make sense does it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, actually, it does! Makes correcting it during the revising process even more difficult. Thank goodness for my fabulous critique group who are more than willing to point it out to me so I can then see it and fix it. And I am really good at fixing it now. *cheesy grin*

      Delete
  7. Hi! Congrats on being short-listed. That's amazing... hope you'll let us know how you do!

    I wanted to say thanks for the mini-pep-talk in my comments yesterday. I read your comment when I was half way through my work day, and kept saying "head up, girl" to myself the rest of the day. It was a helpful mantra. :) I needed the encouragement. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. And I am glad I could help. Having a difficult boss is no bueno, but they can only bring you down as far as you let them. Glad to inspire your mantra for that day!

      Delete
  8. So awesome, Sabrina! I'm not surprised. You're uber talented and it's great to see that highlighted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for getting so far with your campaign challenge entry!

    And thanks for coming over to my blog to see the cover for LABYRINTH :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers