Writing Goals

I am a goal setter and have been since I was a child. I just work better if I have something I am working towards.

During high school my goal was getting into college. During college it was getting my degree. After college it was being a good wife and mommy. I have goals to complete by my 30th birthday, goals for my family, and goals for my writing group.

It only makes sense that I would make a list of goals when I started writing a year and a half ago. So I thought I'd share it with you.

Sabrina's Writer Goals
1. Get better at editing. 
2. Be offered a contract by a major publisher.
3. Win a contest.
4. Keynote a conference.
5. Sell my books worldwide.
6. Inspire new writers.
7. Teach new writers my hard won knowledge.
8. Learn to like editing. (Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. *grin*)

I'm sure I'll add to this, but for now it's a good start. 

How about you? What are your goals as a writer? Have you completed any goals you had set for yourself?

Comments

  1. Those are some weighty goals. Some of them would make me nervous, but that comes with the territory for us writers who aspire to make it in. Here's to completing that list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! My most pressing goal is to actually get book two off the ground and to get book one published. I know I don't have the platform to get a major house to look at my book, but there are other avenues that I'm willing to drive the minivan down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, lady! And don't sell yourself short, you never know about the big houses if you don't try. At least that's what I'm telling myself as I wait another agonizing week. *wink*

      Delete
  3. Those are some awesome goals! I've always been a goal setter too. Right now I'm trying to finish college and my manuscript. College may win this battle :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let college win. The writing will ALWAYS be there if you're anything like me!

      Delete
  4. That's a reat list. I'm a goal setter to but reading your list made me realize my goals are more day-to-day than long range. Today I need to re-edit 30 pages of a submission that's going out. But yes, I think I should make up some long range goals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to it, lady! I have no doubt your list will be just as awesome!

      Delete
  5. Sabrina, you've already completed number 6. You've inspired me to write down some real goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it, dear Linda. I hope you'll share those goals with your bloggy friends. I'd love to read what you have.

      Delete
  6. I love that you added keynote a conference there. It's one of my dreams, too!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big dream, but I know I can do it...once I get published! hehehe!

      Delete
  7. hehe, I love that you added "learn to like editing". I thought I'd never like editing as well, but I do now... mostly ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my doubts about ever liking the editing process, but I'll try to be positive and believe it could happen. *wink*

      Delete
  8. Excellent goals and I truly hope you reach every single one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers