Venturing into the world of Ipad and Scrivener

Technology and I aren't great friends. I don't feel the need to have the latest and greatest gadget, the most recent program, or the trending app. I don't care for the complication of changing programs and having to learn where everything I need is located. However, I know that to deny the usefulness of these things is akin to banging my head against the proverbial wall...a total waste of time.

My mom was a high school business/computer teacher. You'd think I'd have inherited some of her love for the infuriating machines, but I haven't. I loved my  mom as a teacher, but I hated her preferred subject. And my feelings haven't changed much. Thanks to my mom, I am familiar with Microsoft Office. And have felt no need to put out the effort to learn any other system.

I chose fantasy over science fiction for a reason. *grin*

But thanks to my friends constantly barraging me with how great the Ipad is, how fabulous Scrivener is, and showing me examples of what they are talking about on both, I now find myself reluctantly trying them.

I really hope I like them. I would hate to put this much effort and money into something only to have it be a total waste of time.

I'm giving you another chance, technology. Don't be too big of a pain in the butt...please!

Sound out, friends. Do you share my love/hate relationship with technology or are you a techno-junkie? What's the best Word processor app for Ipad? I am considering just using Google docs, but I am willing to hear any suggestions. How about Scrivener? Any advice for someone new to the program? And why isn't there an Ipad app for Scrivener?



In other news: Have you signed up for the Monstrous Monday Blogfest coming up on October 29th? Check it out. It is sure to be a frightfully fun time!

Comments

  1. I've heard Scrivener is amazzzzzing... And I'm so sad it doesn't work on iPad! :/ I use Pages on iPad, and it's ok, but I do all my writing on my Mac. And I must go check out this blogfest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding that Pages is the one I hear of most often. I'll have to try it.

      Delete
  2. Hey,

    We must have been separated at elementary Shkool, as I, too, am not a major fan of the newest upgrade and I own nothing that starts with "i" ... actually I *do* have a video iPod that's about seven years old, but I only use it once a year when I do my marathons (have you ever tried listening to radio for six hours on an early Sunday morning :)

    So iGot your back... and while iWish you good luck with the iPad and the Scribbler thing, iDo hope it doesn't lead to things getting chucked out the bedroom window...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iThink you are awesome, Mark! And iWill let you know how it goes. Hopefully, all windows make it out alive!

      Delete
  3. I have heard mostly good things about Scrivener and do want to try it out on my next project. But like you, I've kept things simple. I do all my writing in MS word. But I think it's also important to test new technologies and see what else is out there...Hope it works out for you, let us know what you think! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is AWESOME! It speaks to my inner OCD. I'll definitely give everyone an update after I've used it awhile!

      Delete
  4. I'm such a techno junkie, it's not ever funny. Thing is, I can't afford any of these nifty gadgets. Now that's funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a techno flunkie, although I manage to get by. I am considering trying scrivener. I'd love to hear how well it works for you. Thanks for your inspiration, Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, no problem, Renee! Thanks for dropping in to say hi! I am loving the program so far. It seems to be a writer's dream program for setting up your first draft. I'll give an update after using it awhile.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers