A to Z Challenge: H is for Hazel

Welcome to the A to Z Challenge! If you're visiting from the A to Z trail, please leave the link to your blog so I can return the favor!

This year I am visiting some of my favorite female characters from books I've read. I'm just doing my part to add to your long 'to-read' list! Happy Hopping!

H is for Hazel Grace Lancaster

At age 16, Hazel is a 3-year stage IV cancer survivor/fighter being forced to participate in a survivor support group to help with her depression. Through Hazel I experienced the reality of living with cancer and falling in love. Her experience and that of the other terminally ill kids has made them mature beyond their years as contemplating your own death will do. I loved Hazel's sarcastic wit and her I like that she doesn't let her unavoidable fate determine the course of her life. This is a character and story from which we can all learn something.

Here is the book description courtesy of Amazon:


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love. 



Have you read The Fault in Our Stars? Did you cry at the end? Are you visiting from the A to Z Challenge?

Available on Amazon
Available on Amazon
Do you like YA Fantasy? My novellas, Lost Haven and Road to Nowhere are available now on Amazon. Check them out!

Comments

Followers