Websites, Blogs, Forums, and Progress

Though I have been raised in the computer and Internet era, I must admit that I have managed to skate by on the basics. Most of you will know what I am talking about...e-mail, online shopping, and social networking. I did not have any interest in building pages for anything on the Internet, I simply wanted to look at the ones already out there.

All of that has changed, however, because I now want to be a published author and in today's market that means getting out there and creating my fan base, or platform before I actually begin the publishing process. That my friends, in an intimidating process. It is not that doing this is difficult, but that there is so much to take in while attempting it. So blogs, forums, and websites have become a real part of my thought process' as I get closer to finishing my first novel.

Blogs and Forums have been time consuming, but I have managed them. I hope you noticed the updated look on this blog and like what you see because lots of trial and error occurred until I got it to look this good. *grin* The website, however, is not something I am looking forward to tackling. Luckily I have a friend of a friend that is willing to help me, but I still hesitate to jump into that one just yet. I would like to be able to say that my manuscript is finished and I am currently submitting it for publishing before I feel I should have a website, otherwise what do I put on the thing? My friend, Angela and her friend Regina make good points for doing it now, but I am still mulling that one over for now.

I have made huge progress in my writing this week, despite the time spent on my blog and forum endeavors. I realized that my book was winding down and I only have about 3 or 4 chapters left to write before I am finished with my rough draft. The editing and refining will need to begin after that, but to say I am finally almost done with the first draft is euphoric for me!!! I must admit that when I realized this I stood from my desk chair and did a major happy dance. That's right! I looked like a cross between a chicken flapping its wings and mickey mouse doing the hot dog dance. Needless to say, it was a fine moment in my life. Then I sat back down and called my grandma, who is a huge fan already of course and loves to get excited with me when I feel the need.

I hope soon I can be updating my blog to announce that I finally finished it, but until then I thank you for caring about my journey to getting there enough to read this blog each time I post. I hope all of my friends and fans out there have a blessed day!

Comments

Followers