Making Every Moment Count

I am having a busy month.

I am the historian for my son's elementary school PTA. As an avid scrapbook-er, it was the perfect way for me to participate without cutting into my writing time.

I received a call yesterday from the nominating chair of my writer's group asking me to be president for 2012. This one is a bit on the scary side for me, but I think it will be a fun experience.

These things, along with my role as organizer for one of the local stay at home mom groups keep me busy.

Every hour of every day is spoken for.

For example, I drop my son off at preschool at 8:45am, I go to the gym until 10:30, I pick my son up at 11:30. We enjoy lunch and playtime until 1:30pm, then I write until 6pm while my son naps and then my husband entertains him. Dinner at 6:30-ish and then the evening with my wonderful hubbie and son. Every Thursday I work at the model home in my neighborhood from 1pm to 6pm(this is a writer's dream job as I practically get paid to write). One evening every other week, I enjoy a scrapbook session with a friend. Once a month, I enjoy ladies night with my girlfriends. One Saturday a month is my writer's group meeting.

This month I have birthday parties every Saturday and Sunday of September.

I make every moment count. This busy schedule doesn't stress me out. I don't worry if I don't get to start writing at 1:30pm. I don't worry if I have to miss a day here and there at the gym. It's a schedule, but it is fluid. I adjust it as I need to. Every moment counts. I love it and I am happy.

Do you make every moment count? Are you doing what makes you happy?

Thanks so much for reading my blog. I hope that you will share it with friends you think might enjoy reading it.

Comments

Followers