My Best Work Always Comes After A Really Good Work Out

I have found that I am much more productive in producing pages for my book when I begin the morning in the gym. This morning I spent an hour and a half between the elliptical, weights, and working the abs on the mats. My mind feels awake and excited to work on my book. Even if my body is beginning to complain.

Loudly. *grin*

Something about wearing myself out with exercise just ignites the inner workings of my mind. The creative wheels start turning and my fingers race across the keys as they try to keep up.

My best work always comes after a really good workout.

Exercise is good for my self-esteem, my health, and my for my characters. They seem so eager to talk to me after an hour or so in the gym, or maybe I am just able to understand them better. I don't doubt the path they want to take and the answers to difficult sections jump out at me. The sun shines brighter, the air seems clearer, and my muse sings louder. At these moments of rightness, I know that the struggle to get myself out of bed in the morning is worth it.

Tomorrow morning when I groan as I get out of bed with stiff muscles, I will remind myself about the fabulous feeling of rightness that is waiting for me. My muse will whisper in my ear about the additional pages we will produce on the book. I will force myself to find my self-discipline. Try it. You may find exercise does the same for you.

Comments

Followers