Firework Overkill, Grumpy Old Goats, & CAPTCHA

Here in the States, our Independence Day celebration is only days away(July 4th) and I am so excited. Camping plans with friends are set, our gear is ready to go, we've had the first of many barbeques, and even had a neighbor come yell at us about shooting fireworks off in our neighborhood-on a Saturday night- the weekend before July 4th. What a grumpy old goat.

To be fair, the hub and kiddo might have gone a bit overboard with the fireworks.

*shrug* They only get to blow things up once a year. Boys will be boys, no?

To top it all off,  my sister is coming to visit for a couple of weeks. Woot!

Despite all of the fun, or maybe because of it, the creative juices are gushing. I've been finishing up my first novel and hope to get serious about submitting by the end of this summer. I've started another project, a novella, that is going to be killer! And I have a 3rd project that is singing to me in my dreams. Oh yeah, I am awesome!

My kiddo agrees. Yum, I love skittles!

I hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as I am!


I wanted to take a moment to talk again about CAPTCHA. I was new once and had no idea how badly I was sabotaging my own blog by requiring word verification. If you're blog still requires your guest to enter a security code or CAPTCHA before it will allow them to post a comment, you'll want to remove it. You have no idea how many people are reading your blog, like what they see, decide to comment, then change their mind when they are required to enter a CAPTCHA. Don't let this happen to you. Here is how you remove it!

1)Go to Settings
2) Click Post and Comments
3)On the drop down menu beside 'Show word verification' select 'No'

Any questions? Message me!

If you're in the States, how are you celebrating July 4th? If not in the States, what exciting plans do you have for the summer? Do you change your mind about commenting when you realize CAPTCHA/word verification is required?

Comments

  1. Happy Independence Day!

    I'm celebrating "late" with friends on the 6th, but it's going to be a blast! *ahem* Pun slightly intended. She lives outside city limits, so we can do pretty much whatever we want fireworks-wise.

    And captcha - yeah, it doesn't completely deter me, but if I have to try more than twice to punch in the code correctly? Forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy fourth- camping with family is always a great way to spend the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of fireworks! Congrats on the progress on your novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. CAPTCHAs make it harder to comment, cause I like to say something when I read something I like and squinting is no fun. Keep running on that awesomeness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're such a cute mom, Sabrina! Love the skittles. So sweet. And SO PROUD of all that you're doing. I seriously adore you. You're so talented and I can't wait to see where your writing career takes you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers