Mini-Me and Movie Madness

My 6 year old is very much like me, a bit of sci-fi/fantasy nerd. A bit. *cheesy grin* Lately, he is very much into anything that has to do with the undead: ghosts, zombies, vampires, witches, necromancers. Our latest conversation centered around the last. He wanted to know what the difference between a necromancer's magic and a witch's magic. As with any conversation with this beautiful child, it became a snowball of: "What if this?" and "What if that?" questions.

And soon I had the beginning kernels of a book idea.

I have to say, some of the most entertaining and thought provoking conversations I've experienced in my life have been with this child of mine. I know one day soon, he'll grow up and begin to pull away to do his own thing. He'll go through the 'my parent's are so uncool' stage. It makes me sad when I think about it. Until that happens, I'm determined to bask in being his favorite person and I continue encouraging every unique question he throws at me.

Here we are dressed for a Mummy and Son Dance we attended a few nights ago. He has taken to calling me 'My Lady' recently and so chose that we should go to the costume party as a handsome knight and his Queen. I did say he is a SFF fan like me, didn't I?

The Fall is my favorite time and not just because of the holidays. I'm sure by now that my fellow SFF fans have noticed all the amazing movies set to come out over the next 2 months. Ender's Game, Thor: The Dark World, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I think I'm most excited about the first, though a bit apprehensive at the same time. Will it be as good as the book? I really hope so.

Anyone else have a child that inspires story ideas with their questions? What is your costume for this Halloween? Been to any fun parties? Which movies are you most looking forward to?

Comments

Followers