Sunday, May 4, 2014

Adios A to Z, Hello Print Books and Conference Season


A to Z is over! *Cue the streamers and confetti* I'm so happy to announce that I made it through the whole month, picked up several really interesting new blogs to follow, and made some great new friends. I hope everyone enjoyed getting to know some of my favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy characters. My goal was to introduce you to at least one new story you'd never heard of and judging from your comments, I was successful.


This week, I experienced another happy dance worthy moment: I received my very first box of books in the mail. Not going to lie...I smelled, kissed, and waved them around like a lunatic. In case you aren't certain: Dreams do come true, folks. *shakes out shameless plug* If you haven't checked out Lost Haven yet? It's now available in print or e-book on Amazon. The audio version will be available later this month.

 

This last weekend I attended the annual OWFI Conference, a local writer's conference that I enjoy volunteering for each year. This year I volunteered to be on the costume committee. We had our first costume contest and it was such fun. I had just finished the paranormal romance, Nefertiti's Heart by A.W. Exley, when I first learned of the contest so I went with a steampunk themed costume. Anyone who knows me and my love of all things pearl, lace, and Victorian era, won't be surprised.

It was a huge success with the winners going home with a huge bag of goodies including 2 bottles of wine, Starbucks, free book cover, gift cards, and various writing supplies. I can't wait to do it again next year! Is it too soon to start planning my next costume? *grin*

And to top the whole weekend off, I won my first conference writing contest award!! Woot!

How was your A to Z? Have you read Lost Haven? Been to or plan to attend any good conferences this year? Have any ideas for an interesting costume for next year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, where to begin? Congratulations on winning the contest and getting copies of your book. It's really incredible to hold your book in your hands, isn't it? Steampunk was a great costume idea. You look good in that outfit.
    And glad you completed the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAH, we both survived A-Z! That is an accomplishment.

    I bet it's awesome holding a copy of your book with your own hands!

    Your costume looks fabulous, and I'll be honest, missing OWFI this year was doubly-hard because I had to miss out on the costumes. I really really really hope they do it again next year. And that I can be there next year. Going to start saving now for it. Somehow.

    And CONGRATULATIONS on your honorable mention. An honorable mention was my first placing in a conference writing contest, too, a few years back (just at the Ozark Creative Writers conference instead of OWFI). Every little thing counts!

    ReplyDelete