Mother's Day: My Favorite Fictional Mothers

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!

Growing up as the oldest of 4 siblings and 14 cousins, I felt like I got all the baby time I could handle and didn't intend to have any children of my own. Then I met my husband and decided maybe I'd give it a go at least once.

BEST DECISION EVER! I've accomplished much in my life to be proud of, but my son and the amazing person he is will ALWAYS be my proudest accomplishment.


Did you always imagine being a mother or are you like me? Either way, this day is about you and I hope it's an amazing one!

To continue celebrating, I thought I'd mention 3 of my favorite mothers in fantasy/paranormal romance. These women totally kill this mom thing and let me know that I'm not alone in some of the crazy antics I have to put up with from my family.

#1 & #2: The Psy/Changeling Series by Nalini Singh- It's a toss up between Tamsyn and Ashaya.

Tamsyn isn't the MC of Slave to Sensation, Book 1 of the series, but her and her cubs play an important role in breaking through Sasha's icy Psy facade. She has to deal with twin cubs who enjoy getting into all kinds of mischief. The love she feels for her cubs can be felt through Nalini's great writing.

In Book 5, Hostage to Pleasure, Ashaya may have had to hide her love for her son thanks to Silence, but that doesn't mean she wasn't willing to do whatever it took to keep him safe...even if it meant tangling with the scary cat Changelings.

#3: The Dragon Kin Series by G.A. Aiken- Queen Annwyl

In Book 3, What a Dragon Should Know, Annwyl gives birth to half dragon/half human twins. As fierce in her love for her babes as she is scary and crazy, Annwyl knows her chances of making it through the birth alive are low and tells her family to save her babes if a choice has to be made. This series makes you laugh out loud many times, but that doesn't mean the author can't pull your heart through a wringer too... and boy does she.




If you loved these moms, be sure to go check out their books. I don't think you'll be sorry. And if you have favorite fictional mothers of your own, share them in the comments. I'm always looking for great new fantasy/paranormal romance reads.

Comments

Followers