WRiTE CLUB 2012

Feeling somewhat nostalgic tonight. The hub and I were driving with the windows down and Springsteen by Eric Church came on the radio. Suddenly, I was transported back over 6 years, to the passenger seat of that white Chevy, speeding down the interstate, my hair whipping in the wind as Billy & Shania sing 'Party for Two' and the boyfriend(now the hub) waves at me with his side mirror. 
The chorus for Springsteen came on and I looked over at the hub and smiled. When the 2nd verse started, I found myself transported back 2 years as I sway to the sound of Sugarland on stage at the Zoo Amphitheater, sticky with sweat from a hot summer evening, the hubs arms around my waist as I lean my head back against his chest. 

*sigh*

I love when a song can evoke such beautiful memories. While that one song played, I was once again living those memories. Do you have a song that does this for you?

In other news...BLOG CHALLENGES!


Last week I signed up for a new challenge. I am excited to see how my entry does. I really wish I could share my pen name...it cracks me up, but telling you would defeat the point, woudn't it?!

So visit DL Hammons here and check out the latest round of WRiTE CLUB. I look forward to seeing your comments on my entry...when it faces its first opponent!

Are you participating in WRiTE CLUB? You can still sign  up, if not!

1st Speaking Event Update:

I met with my fellow panel member today to make sure that between the two of us, we have all our material published. We have decided to have a friend video it for us so that we can share it. I am so excited nervous to start this part of my journey to being a published author. 1 week and counting!

Comments

  1. I love it when the past bombards you like that. Off to check out the latest rounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been checking out the Write Club entries... think I must hop over to check them out! Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeee!!!! Exciting things for you, Sabrina! I'm so invested in your journey... I can't wait to see where you go with your writing ;)

    And I LOVE those moments when nostalgia hits... I'm such a nostalgic person anyway, but I know what you mean... and music usually brings it out in me!

    Great post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww what a wonderful memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting, all! And definitely check out WRiTE CLUB. There some pretty good entries. You may not know it's mine, but I bet you'll laugh when you read my pen name! Hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers