Favorite Books

I have been told by other authors that one of things an author should remember is to KEEP READING. It is so easy to get wrapped up in your own writing and not make time to just enjoy reading a book that is not your own. I thought this was common sense, but I have run into writers who say they do not read as much if ever since they began writing.

How sad! There is so much you can learn from reading work from other writers...especially within your own genre.

I have been so caught up in my own writing that I failed to realize until two days ago that my favorite author is releasing a fourth book to my favorite series! What!?! How could I have been so negligent?! At the same time, I wish I could go on being ignorant of this until November when the new book comes out, because I am ready to run out and purchase it now!

I will admit to not reading as much as I work to get my own debut manuscript finished, but I still manage to find time. I would not dream of ignoring the release of this book. Every time I read the Mistborn Trilogy or any other book, I learn something new. Brandon Sanderson is truly a fabulous fantasy author. I can only hope my work will be enjoyed by someone as much as I have enjoyed his books.

If you are a writer, I hope that you still find time to read for pleasure. Imagine the worlds you are missing if you do not! Good luck with your writing, but most of all...happy reading!!!

Comments

Followers