Monday, April 2, 2012

~B~


A to Z Challenge day 2- The letter 'B'

My theme: Current W.I.P. and my 1st attempts at poetry.

I will post a poem based on some aspect of my current work in progress whether that be a character or an important theme. So here is my 2nd entry, based on the letter 'B' for betrayal. I hope you enjoy it.

Betrayal

Duty and honor she throws in my face
As I hang bloody and beaten in this dark place
Bitter tastes the betrayal
The torture does but pale
Compared to her treacherous embrace

10 comments:

  1. Wow, great poem! I've never been good at writing poetry, but that was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm never great at poetry, but that was good. Lots of tension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again - another awesome post. Short, simple, but riddled with tense emotion. If your WIP is anything like this, I'll definitely get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fabulous!
    I love your theme for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I'm not sure who I saw in that poem, but my imagery was working so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the poems, I want to see what this W.I.P. is!

    ReplyDelete