~L~

Today's A to Z challenge letter is ~L~ and so I would like to tell you a little of the Lytlingum. They were once a great race of magical beings created by the light to protect Azerea. Unfortunately, their blood was used to trigger it's destruction and imprison it's god. This is a piece of their story.

To the Lytlingum

Shining protectors of Azerea
You beings of light’s favor and glory
Held above all, full of power and grace
The beginning of a perfect story.

Above all others, shouldn’t you have known
That Life is a balance of light and dark?
Did you forget or did you just not care,
That arrogance would earn you dark Murn’s mark?

Now you are broken, Murn controls your land.
Koa, held in a prison of your blood,
Mourns the loss of your glory, the power
Of your worship, the loss of all that’s good.

But we beings of light and dark, we humans
Know that life is a guaranteed balance.
One day Koa will be free. Until then,
We endure and learn from your ambivalence.

Comments

  1. I'm kinda lost with the current popularity of fantasy, but it's a nice poem. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how current this 'trend' is...hasn't fantasy been popular since Homer wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey? *wink* It has always been my favored genre. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE fantasy (btw). Nice piece for L. Sounds like your world is very rich. I love learning about new worlds.

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers