A to Z Challenge: L is for Lucy

Welcome to the A to Z Challenge! If you're visiting from the A to Z trail, please leave the link to your blog so I can return the favor!

This year I am visiting some of my favorite female characters from books I've read. I'm just doing my part to add to your long 'to-read' list! Happy Hopping!

L is for Lucy Pevensie
from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S. Lewis

Lucy is one of four siblings we follow through the wardrobe into the magical land of Narnia and, I believe, the most important character. Afterall, if her curiosity hadn't made her approach the wardrobe, this story wouldn't exist. As a girl, I identified with her refusal to lie to appease the others and her strong character. She is a favorite of Aslan and witnesses Aslan's sacrifice on the stone table. She is a healer and a perceptive judge of character. As an adult in Narnia, she is known as Queen Lucy the Valiant.

Here is the book description courtesy of Amazon:

Narnia . . . a land frozen in eternal winter . . . a country waiting to be set free

Four adventurers step through a wardrobe door and into the land of Narnia, a land enslaved by the power of the White Witch. But when almost all hope is lost, the return of the Great Lion, Aslan, signals a great change . . . and a great sacrifice.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the second book in C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia, a series that has become part of the canon of classic literature, drawing readers of all ages into a magical land with unforgettable characters for over fifty years. This is a stand-alone read, but if you would like to explore more of the Narnian realm, pick up The Horse and His Boy, the third book in The Chronicles of Narnia.



Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia? Which book in the series is your favorite? Are you visiting from the A to Z Challenge?

Available on Amazon
Available on Amazon


Do you like YA Fantasy? My novellas, Lost Haven and Road to Nowhere are available now on Amazon. Check them out

Comments

  1. Lucy is one of my favorite literary characters: innocent, yet wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sabrina! Lucy is my favourite character from the series overall. I love her strength. My favourite book though is The Silver Chair, although Wardrobe comes a close second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sixth grade teacher introduced me to Lucy and her siblings. I've been hooked ever since.

    Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers