Camping: My Fave Type of Family Vacation...or Should I Say Glamping?

In a couple of days, during the hottest week we've had so far here in Oklahoma, I'm going to haul my family on a camping trip out to the lake where I spent many a summer in my childhood and I CANNOT WAIT! I'm talking tent camping, folks.

That's right. Community showers and toilets, food cooked on camp stoves or over the fire, and a thin fabric shelter to keep the wild life at bay for 5 days. And while all of that sounds over-the-top fun, it's the fact that my siblings and their families will be joining us! Squeeeeee!

If you've been following me for any length of time, you know that my siblings are one of my favorite parts of this crazy life I live. Each of us only 2 years apart of less, we are a loud, rowdy bunch with kids and spouses who fit right into our crazy.

My sister and two brothers, all younger than me, are the reason that siblings play such an important role in my books. They inspired Nadia's excitement when Arri arrived in Diomere's Exile and the hilarity that ensued when Arri had her first dreamsharing experience in Diomere's Healer. Without my siblings, my life would have been so much less entertaining and lack the beauty of life with people who grew up in the house.

Now, to some of you, camping out in the Oklahoma heat (think 95 degrees plus and humidity) may sound like a horribly uncomfortable experience, but you would be wrong. They make those quiet generators now and tiny air conditioner fans. Oh the gloriousness that is modern technology. My phone shall stay charged and ready to take a million photos, my camp site shall have the safety of string lights to keep us from killing ourselves by tripping over tent tie-downs in the dark, and we shall have cool air when we sleep at night! All this combined with the fellowship of time with my siblings makes camping the BEST experience ever, in my humble opinion.

Or should I call it glamping?

Do you enjoy camping...or glamping...with your family? What's your favorite must have item for sleeping in the great outdoors? Click on "View Original Post" at the bottom of today's post and Leave a comment to tell me about your camping hacks and funny stories. I love to hear from visitors to my blog!


Here are some fun facts on camping thanks to the folks at Jellystone Park, one of our favorite places to visit.

Facts about Camping

From Visually.

Comments

  1. I love vacations, but have to admit I'm not a huge fan of camping. I blame my parents. They broke me. As a kid, we'd camp for two weeks at the beach. Nothing like feeling soggy to kill the love. If only we'd had those mini ACs back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did a 2 week camping reunion when I was a kid...never again. 5 days is the accepted max in our family. And everyone leaves bright and early on day 5. Any longer is just too much. And yes, those mini A/Cs are amazing!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. the lost ways book review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!
~Sabrina

Followers