My muse needs a new watch!

I just returned from a 3-day vacation. I feel rejuvenated and ready to write after swimming, hiking, and hanging with my family.

When I left Tuesday, I was mulling over an issue with my book's plot that did not make me happy. As I was driving the 2 1/2 hour trip to my destination, it became a little more clear what I needed to do. I was so excited. Since I was driving and, therefore, could not write it down, I called a dear friend. Not only did she answer her phone, but she also agreed to write it down and email it to me. Thanks, Ang!

I arrived at my destination, greeted family members, and unloaded my stuff. I forced myself to push the book to the back burner and concentrate on relaxation. That night I sat straight up in bed from a heavy sleep. The plot issue was now perfectly clear. I grabbed my phone, cursing that I had made myself leave my computer at home, and emailed myself notes. I looked at the time when I was done...3:30am.

 My muse seriously needs a new watch!

She(the muse, of course) did not want to be pushed to the back burner again. She chattered to me all night, refusing to let me sleep. I now have several emails.

I really enjoyed the fun and relaxation, but am extremely eager to get into my office tomorrow and write. So is my muse!

Comments

Followers