~V~ is Vin

My Theme for the 2014 A to Z Challenge is: SciFi/Fantasy Characters in Novels

I'll introduce you to a new scifi/fantasy character from the plethora of novels I've read over my lifetime. My goal is to entice those who maybe haven't read much in the genre I write and share why I find these characters so interesting. I hope you'll enjoy taking the ride with me.

~V~ is for Vin from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy

A thousand years ago evil came to the land. A dark lord rules through the aristocratic families and ordinary folk labor as slaves in volcanic ash fields. A troublemaker arrives. A rumored revolt depends on an untrustworthy criminal and a young girl who must master Allomancy, metal magic.

Mistborn is an epic fantasy series by Brandon Sanderson. I've chosen one of the main characters, Vin, as my letter 'V'. She is a strong female character who is beaten constantly as a child and learns that no one can be trusted, yet she still finds love and learns to trust. She's brave, fierce, loyal, honest, and tough. The story plays out mostly in her view point. You can't help but love her. She begins the trilogy a bit sad and morose, but by the end has evolved into an amazing, confident female main character. And by the end, well, I didn't see that coming!
Brandon Sanderson is an awesome writer. If you are a fantasy writer, I'd definitely encourage you to give his writing podcasts a listen. They're an amazing fount of information. He truly cares about helping other writers hone their craft.

Have you checked out my debut novella?!

Shine 7: Lost Haven by Sabrina A. Fish is available on Amazon as an e-book. This is my very first published work, so please so some love and check it out! If you like it, please check out the rest of the series written by other contributing authors.

In the near future, a few young women manifest extraordinary abilities called "Shine." Each girl's ability is different. Some develop extraordinary mental abilities. Some become physically strong. Others have powers that defy description. But the world does not embrace these Shines. It fears them.

Camille’s life hasn’t been the same since her parent’s supposed murder suicide. When an intruder ransacks her home and she discovers a mysterious thumb drive hidden in her father’s office, she realizes the unwanted changes in her life are just beginning. Politics and conspiracy, betrayal and abduction. Camille is about to discover that change is inevitable and hiding is not an option.


Comments

Followers