~W~ is for Wyl Thursk

My Theme for the 2014 A to Z Challenge is: SciFi/Fantasy Characters in Novels

I'll introduce you to a new scifi/fantasy character from the plethora of novels I've read over my lifetime. My goal is to entice those who maybe haven't read much in the genre I write and share why I find these characters so interesting. I hope you'll enjoy taking the ride with me.

~W~ is for Wyl Thursk, the main character in the Quickening Series by Fiona McIntosh.


In Book 1, Myrren's Gift, Wyl's life takes a major turn when the witch, Myrren, bestows a gift on him as Wyl witness' her death.

Wyl is a young man destined to be his King's General, but finds himself out of favor when a new King is crowned. The new King is jealous of Wyl's popularity with the previous king and with the people. When Wyl witness' the death of a young girl accused of being a witch, the witch gives him a gift. This gift changes Wyl's life and is the impedus that propels the story on.

I'll warn you now...if you thought Robin Hobb puts her characters through the cruel and unusual, then you haven't read The Quickening Series by Fiona McIntosh. Poor Wyl and anyone associated with him aren't safe. I loved these books, read them in record time in fact. The characters could be a little less black and white, but overall I loved the series and would recommend it to other fantasy lovers!

Have you checked out my debut novel?!! It's a girl superhero novella appropriate for YA or Adult readers. And it's a quick read for those who find themselves short on reading time! Please give it a go and be sure to let me know what you think!!

Shine 7: Lost Haven by Sabrina A. Fish is available on Amazon. This is my very first published work, so please show some love and check it out! If you like it, please leave a review and check out the rest of the series written by other contributing authors.

In the near future, a few young women manifest extraordinary abilities called "Shine." Each girl's ability is different. Some develop extraordinary mental abilities. Some become physically strong. Others have powers that defy description. But the world does not embrace these Shines. It fears them.

Camille’s life hasn’t been the same since her parent’s supposed murder suicide. When an intruder ransacks her home and she discovers a mysterious thumb drive hidden in her father’s office, she realizes the unwanted changes in her life are just beginning. Politics and conspiracy, betrayal and abduction. Camille is about to discover that change is inevitable and hiding is not an option.

Comments

Followers